My Earl List.

Yesterday we were on our daily afternoon walk.  It was Sunday.

I was in front of Crash and Linda by about 15 feet, as usual.

A young girl, perhaps in her thirties, was taking down her outdoor Christmas decorations.  She lived in the condos at the entrance to our addition.  We walk this route three or four times a week.

I stopped, remarked to her that we enjoyed her decorations and that she had done a great job.  Her display was a delight to see and we always looked forward to it.

At first,  I got the usual reaction when I go up to complete strangers, especially women, and start a  random conversation.  She shied away at first.....then......she got the biggest smile as both Linda and I talked to her.  We made a friend.

This brings me back to my "Earl List". I'm not going into detail about it.  I make a list every day of things I want to do.  Being nice to someone, every day, is important to me.  

I told Linda that most people cannot recall any memory of trips to Disney, amusement parks, sporting events in days past.  I am fairly certain this girl will remember us, every time she puts up her Christmas decorations.

Her smile will certainly remain in my memory bank.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nora Peterson Rodenbeck

The Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Tampa Florida has a beautiful smell.