Edna. That blind lady.






 Want to complain about how hard it is being a parent? 

Read this first: this young lady in the orange was a mother of many children. She worked and took care of her kids and home.  Can you guess what makes her special? She was blind. She never got to see those smiles of gratification or the mocking faces from her kids. But what she saw was pure love for each of her children and worked hard to raise them right. She lived to be 94 years old and I can still remember her carrying a smile around for no reason other then God had given her another day. I'm proud to say that this amazing human being belongs to my family. Although she's not alive today, her hard work and love for life helps me push through struggles. In loving memory of Edna Peterson.

By Andria Peterson

This was written by a great grandchild of Edna.  I am a grandchild of hers.  I took this picture in 1982.  That is our house in Hoagland in the background and the young girl is Carrie Peterson, a grandchild.  Carrie was picking flowers from our gardens and decorating her father and Edna.  We left Indiana the next day for Florida.  I tried to call Edna every couple weeks for many years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nora Peterson Rodenbeck

The Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

The Stare.