Mom


Tomorrow May 26 is my mother's birthday.  She would have been 95 years old.

Many years after she passed away,  I was scanning some old photos and found a picture of our farm barn.  I vaguely remember taking the picture, probably around 1985.  On closer inspection of the scan, there was a hidden image of my mother.  She always sat by the window in her rocker and looked out at the barn yard.  I bought her a few Bantam Chickens one year and she would spend hours watching those birds in the yard.

I think my mother was thanking me for the chickens in this picture.  She always told me that the three greatest, most relaxing things in life were: watching a crackling fire, watching moving water and watching birds.

You are welcome Mom.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nora Peterson Rodenbeck

The Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

The Stare.