Buck

 This is a sad story, but still needs to be told for family.

My uncle, Willard (Buck) Walker and his first child, Willard (Junior) Walker. The baby died at 6 months of age. This photo is one of my favorites. I colorized it and am adding my aunt Dorothy's memories.......
The only thing that I remember is Junior died when I was around 6 or 7 years old and they had his body laid out in the corner of the living room next to the kitchen. I can still see Buck comforting Evaleen in the kitchen. I don't know why but I keep seeing him laid out in a little white dress with wings. Maybe I imagine the wings being so young but I am not sure as I still picture the casket in the right corner of the living room as you went into the kitchen. I do not remember what happened to cause his death.  

Memories of Dorothy Boice Palmieri.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stare.

From Dee

Nora Peterson Rodenbeck