Life doesn't prepare you.


 Almost twenty three years ago I found my daughter, my only child......dead in her apartment.  She was 26 years old.

The coroner said she died of a aortic dissection the day before, about 14 hours before I found her.

Her little Shitzu/Poodle, Meeka lay by her side all night.

Linda and I made numerous calls the night she died.  I even drove to her condo and tried to find out why she wasn't answering our calls.  Her lights were on, music was playing...I assumed she was taking a shower or had fallen asleep.  She was working two jobs and rose each morning at 5am to work out at Bally's Health Club.

After I called her office at Raymond James in the morning, and they said she never came to work.  I panicked.

Life does not prepare you for this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nora Peterson Rodenbeck

The Sunshine Skyway Bridge.

Tampa Florida has a beautiful smell.